The “abacate” for us Brazilians or avocados as it is named in the United States and Mexico have a unique nutrition profile. They contain lots of health benefits and are rich in vitamins such as B, C, E and K, minerals such as potassium and copper, and compared to other fruits, it contain very little sugar.
Among the benefits, eaten avocados can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and can be useful for weight loss planning. But, is avocado good for your hair and face? Absolutely, it can help with your beauty! Bellow find out two very simple recipes for you hydrate your dry hair and you rejuvenate your skin.
Hydrate dry hair with avocado and eggs
Avocado as mention above is known as one of nature’s perfect foods. But it has oils that smooth frizz and hydrate without weighing hair down. If you add egg that contais a lot of protein, it strengthens hair. Check this simple recipe:
1) Mash ½ avocado and 1 egg yolk together into smooth paste.
2) Apply to dry hair, avoiding roots.
3) Relax 15 minutes and rinse.
4) Shampoo and condition as usual.
Honey avocado masque (for normal to dry skin)
Honey and avocado are a luscious blend to nourish skin. As an emollient, avocado is rich in oils, vitamins and minerals as mentioned above, and the honey supplies antioxidants and enzymes. Lemon juice is a natural source of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) for skin renewal. Together, they yield velvety skin. For the perfect masque get 1 Avocado, 1 ½ tbsp raw honey and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
1) Mash avocado and blend with honey and lemon juice in a small food processor or blender until smooth.
2) Cleanse the face
3) Steam face to open pores over a hot pot of water; or drench a washcloth with steaming hot water, wring out, let cool to a comfortable touch and cover cleaned face with it for two minutes.
4) Apply avocado honey mixture evenly over all parts of the face, avoiding the eyes. Let stand for 15
5) Wash off with warm water, followed by a cool water rinse. Apply natural toner or face spray and
Variations on the theme:
Exfoliation for dry skin:
Mix 2 Tbsp rice flour thoroughly with the avocado and honey. Apply as directed.
Exfoliation for oily skin:
Mix 2 Tbsp ground oatmeal thoroughly with the avocado and honey. Apply as directed.
For both, wash off gently with warm eater and a cloth, being mindful not to rub too hard, followed by a cool water rinse.