Rio de Janeiro’s Redeemer Christ is on the rise among millions of travelers with network access. It was chosen the 9th most voted tourist attraction among worldwide places/destinations to visit. In South America, it was the second, only behind Machu Picchu, in Peru. In Brazil, the Christ was elected the best tourist attraction in the country, followed by Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, at downtown Rio, and the Metropolitan Cathedral of Brasilia.
The election is part of an annual award, based on millions of reviews and comments made by users of Trip Advisor’s website and app. A total of 700 awards were distributed, including destinations in Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, South Pacific, United Kingdom and United States. Rio de Janeiro is the second city most visited by Brazilians, just behind São Paulo, according to a study by the Ministry of Tourism. Argentinians and Americans are the most frequent tourists on visiting the “Wonderful City”. Below, check the ten top best voted tourist attractions in Brazil:
- Redeemer Christ, Rio de Janeiro (RJ);
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, Rio de Janeiro (RJ);
- Metropolitan Cathedral, Brasília (DF);
- Hydroelectric Plant of Itaipu, Foz do Iguaçu (PR);
- Teatro Amazonas, Manaus (AM);
- Liberty Square, Belo Horizonte (MG);
- Stone Cathedral, Canela (RS);
- Church of Saint Francis, Salvador (BA);
- Church of Peter the Apostle, Gramado (RS);
- Monastery of Saint Benedict, São Paulo (SP).
Some Interesting Facts:
Among afro-americans which visit Brazil, the “Largo do Pelourinho”, at Salvador, has the spotlight; during summer season, Brazilian Southern coastal zone, in particular, is invaded by Argentinians; in contrast, Canadians visiting Brazil, in general, have a special attention and interest in Amazon.