The application deadline this year 2020 is February 17 and Goya Foods, the America’s largest Hispanic-owned food company, offers $20,000 Culinary Arts and Food Science Scholarships, granted annually, to four students nationwide entering their freshman year of college with an undergraduate degree in culinary arts and/or a food science.
The scholarship is available on a competitive basis to students entering an accredited two-year or four-year institution. Scholarships are in the amount of $5,000 awarded per academic year starting in Fall 2020 and are renewable for up to three additional years provided the student remains eligible to receive funding, totaling $20,000.
“Goya has a long-standing history of giving back to the community and implementing educational programs to help strengthen the development and growth of our youth and educational systems,” said Peter Unanue, Executive Vice President of Goya Foods.
Applicants of the Goya Culinary Arts Scholarship will be selected based on the standard requirements established by Goya and administered by Scholarship America® including academic achievement, leadership, and financial need, as well as an evaluation of an essay explaining how Goya has enriched their family traditions.
Among the criteria for consideration, students:
1) Must plan to be enrolled in college full time starting in Fall 2020 in a degree seeking program within the U.S. as a Freshman at a two or four-year U.S. accredited institution to obtain their first undergraduate degree;
2) ) Must be majoring in Culinary Arts and/or Food Sciences;
3) Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale;
4) Must be willing to complete 10 hours per month of community service while receiving funding;
5) Must be a U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
For more information and to apply, please lgo HERE.